Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Appendage to February 12th

I got into it with a group of bible thumpers criticizing this article Abortion is Not a Sin, by Miss Poppy, expressing the idea that the soul, at birth, enters the body upon first breath. I held that view for some time before finding this article with its comment section. Others had found it first and started attacking. I jumped in there to stretch my debating legs, but I knew what I was about to get into before I even saw all the replies. But if I know anything, it's how to put up a good fight... especially when I'm RIGHT!

But after a while, I got tired of quoting the Bible (I suprised myself throughout at what I could find and support myself with on the little exposure I've had in my life compared with how much material the usual practitioner goes through). What follows is my last response made on the 14th, where I told them that I couldn't take them seriously and why.

as out of touch with God as you all believe people like me to be, it's one simple truth that convinces me of how BLIND you all truly are. the way you fight against a woman's right to choose exposes the truth of how you care for the unborn MUCH MORE than the children who are already with us today.

proof? compared to other developed and developing countries - our children come from an education system that leave them unable to compete for their future. american industry moves our jobs overseas, for example. and it's not just because of money. its because those jobs go to better people. i just LOVE how we never make education (and our children for that matter) our TOP priority in this nation. people like yourselves are a part of that. it's the truth.

and how evangelicals get behind the death penalty makes me SICK. how can evangelicals be against abortion but for the death penalty? if it's not our business to take a life before birth, then we don't have the right to take it at any time... for ANY reason. i know some of you arent evangelicals. some of you are catholic, and catholics dont believe in the death penalty. but then there's the issue of mysogyny when it comes to catholics (no women priests).

but really, does it matter? what's the difference between you all anyway? you're all in the habit of not giving a crap for people who dont believe in the same things you do (must polytheist and aitheist children take the pledge of allegiance in school?). in the broader context of western religion, youre all in habit of performing the worst acts to eachother IN THE NAME OF GOD.and not much has changed. proof?you among the religious (as opposed to you among the faithful) reelect Bush. Bush invades Iraq. its a thousand years later, but i know a Crusade when i see one ("war on terror" my ass).

i'll leave you with the Civil Rights Movement: it was a liberal movement. many of you today site how religion had played a part in its relative success. but sadly you forget something very crucial...there was ALOT of religion on the OTHER side too.


This probably won't make my last post there. This is definately one of my last though. I feel the need to explain to this guy there (he's somewhat new) that I haven't gone off topic from debating the abortion issue, though the reason I've seemingly done so is because I had try to make them understand why I, as representing their opposition, feel like they're a bunch of fools. Feel me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home