Monday, April 03, 2006

Bearing the Monster at a Glimpse

On some night way before my last post, I went with Chris out to a club. We hooked up with this chick friend of his, Monica. She brought her friend, Stephanie. We chilled and drank and then found our way to the dance floor. Chris & Mo', me and Steph. I danced with Steph for a few minutes before she moved off, inexplicably, to another guy and started dancing with him. I had to stand there for a minute and just look in order to figure out what just happend. I couldn't come up with anything, so I reached inside for the asshole in me, tapped the guy in the shoulder, and just butted my way back in. I guess he recognized me from a minute before and figured that I wanted to claim my spot back, so he patted me in respect and left.

Then she moved off again with yet another guy. "Okay" I said. Pretty obvious now that I gave it too much thought the first time she moved off. She's just a dumb bitch made dumber by the number of drinks she had. I found Chris dancing with Mo' and she apologized for Steph, calling her something like a dance freak (she seemed to leave out calling her a drunk and a whore). I left the dance floor and went up the upper level bar to sit down, chill and drink. Chris and the two girls came up and we chilled together. They ended up going back down about 15-20 minutes later after Steph asked me to look after her purse. Being the nice guy that I am, and figuring I have no chance with this girl but not wanting to hold a grudge, I agree to do it. I see her going down with this kid. "Whatever" I say. She just going down to dance and that's it.

Another 15 minutes later she comes back up with the kid and starts making out with him. And I'm still holding this bitch's purse. At this point I don't need to think. I get the fuck up and walk the 10 feet distance to them. I'm a bit curious so I ask her how long she's known him. 20 minutes, she says, all the while trying to grab her purse away from me. I pull the purse back to me in a forceful way, and then I gave it to the kid. I tell him to watch the fucking thing from now on, then I walk off. The kid's got a friend who walks towards me to confront me. I tell him that there's nothing between me and the kid and I told him to drop it. I continued to walk, though cautiously, but I heard Chris so I turned around to meet him. I heard the kid's friend a second later. I turned back around. He was ready to go. I sized him up before contact. Win or lose, I was ready to fight. Chris stopped me, and a bouncer came in time to stop the kid's friend right before we clashed.

So I had the bouncer in front of me. I told the complete story to the boucer as sincerely as I could put it across. Then Chris vouched for me, knowing the bouncer and almost everyone in that club. Aside from Chris, I felt the bouncer really felt my case, and he trusted me that I wasnt a troublemaker. I then sat back down in exactly the same spot where I had decided to come up from the dancefloor. The kid came back, but I knew he just spoke to the bouncer, so I got up respectfully to meet him. He then heard the story from me. He understood and sympathazed. Then we squashed it and agreed that bitches aint shit before sharing a hug and going our separate ways.

You know what I found out a couple days later? Monica told him that Steph had said I had turned her on with what I pulled off that night. I told you I had no chance with her! She thinks I'm some sort of bad boy. The problem is I get that way when angered, but I'm pretty slow to anger. So if we hooked up again she'll probably feel disapointed at not seeing who she expected to see.

Chris & me have spoken about that episode a few times since that night. I tell him that it wasn't even about her but about me having some steam to blow off. It's complicated - a series of long stories - but in a nutshell: I know who I am, and when I feel someone encroaching on who I am, I defend myself with an ungodly visciousness. The fire got snuffed before spreading that night... but it's still there, waiting to burn someone very hard.

1 Comments:

Blogger SBunny said...

Personally if it was me I would have spit in her bag. But standing up for yourself, but using your mind first and not your hands is the attractive thing about you.
Wouldn't have been me. But then again its been a while since I got kicked out of a bar.

Sat Dec 22, 12:28:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home