Thursday, December 07, 2006

Peace Yall... The Jury is OUT!

I emailed this to a friend on Dec. 5th (1st day of jury duty)...

todays my day off but I scheduled it for jury duty. you guessed it.
right now I'm sitting in a courthouse waiting room. I handed in my
attendance ticket about an hour ago and right now I'm waiting for a
judge who needs potential jurors when the next case comes his way. if
it comes at all.

I'm sleepy which keeps me from wanting to type further. I'm doing
this email from my treo phone. I think I already mentioned the treo
in an email I sent niki that I forwarded to you. I'll check when I
finish this msg but right now I'm feeling too sleepy to remember.
maybe I should just take a nap. six hours last night just wasn't
enough for a sit-around-for-hours-and-do-nothing day like this.

I sent this one the next day (2nd day of jury duty)...

hbo has this series called entourage. what happend was that adrian
grenier, who plays the lead character, is in my jury pool.

about 15 min ago I saw him walk into the bathroom. I needed to go
anyway so I went. I stand at a urinal way across from him. he sees
me come in, I pass him on my way there and he pretty much keeps
noticing. the reason was that he couldn't piss while I was there.
so he leaves and as he does I mutter to him "love your show." he
thanks me and walks out.

i had noticed him hours before but didn't want to say anything in
front of people and draw attention. it was the PERFECT time.

I'm still in the court building. I just had lunch. the clerk called
my name to report to a courtroom case. I'm among 60 called from a
pool of about 300. if this case goes to trail then that'll be 12 out
of 60 and then the alternates. that's how close I am to them
sequestering.

I've been close before but at the last minute it was settled out of
court. if THAT went to trail then I wouldve been involved in the jury
picking. let's see what happens this time.

later that day...

they gave me my proof of service then let me go. im done for the next
6 years. they settled whatever case that was. so somebody didnt want
to see this trial happening (most likely the defense) when they saw all
these people ready to do their duty. thats what happens in more than
half of these things i believe.


The point of this story? I began urinating AFTER Adrian left. therefore, i can't criticize him for not letting it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home